Contraceptive Service/Family Planning
A full range of contraceptive services is available (eg pill, cap, intra-uterine device, implants) by appointment at reception. We also provide advice on safer sex and abortion - all these are in strict confidence. Young people can also discuss teenage sexual health by appointment at the weekly family planning clinics held at Rothwell and Desborough.
Child Health Surveillance
These are held in both centres and are to ensure that the child is growing and developing normally. Our Health Visitors are available to give advice and support.
We have a phlebotomy outreach service from Kettering General Hospital for five mornings per week. Rothwell – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday and Desborough on a Wednesday.
These are arranged by your own doctor and performed in the surgery.
When a smear is due, a letter will be sent to you. You will then need to call reception and book an appointment with the practice nurse. If you wish to know more about this procedure and why we consider it advisable, you can discuss this with either your doctor or the nurse.
Immunisation And Vaccination
Routine childhood immunisations are held on Thursday mornings at the Rothwell Medical Centre, and on Wednesday mornings at the Desborough Surgery.
Some podiatry (foot care) services are available at the Rothwell Medical Centre, either through your own doctor or by self-referral. Please ring 01536 410357/418298. Self-referral forms are available from reception.
- Coronary heart disease prevention - by appointment with nurse
- Well person - by appointment with nurse
- Family planning - by appointment
- Health promotion - by appointment with nurse
- Leg ulcer - by appointment with nurse
- Respiratory - by appointment with nurse
- Screening/over 75 - by appointment with nurse
- Diabetes - by appointment with nurse
- Smoking cessation - by appointment with nurse
- Osteoporosis - by appointment with nurse
- HRT - by appointment with nurse