Cancellations & Reminders
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you have signed up to our text reminder service you will be able to automatically cancel your appointment if you reply within 2 hours of the appointment. Patients are sent a reminder text from which they can text back Cancel. The earlier you reply the sooner we can offer the appointment to another patient. This is an unmanned service so please do not use it to supply information or make requests.
Alternatively you can cencel your appointment online using the SystmOnline link.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
SMS Text Reminder Service
Did you know we can contact you by SMS to let you know the following:
- if there is a result we need to speak to you about
- to remind you of an appointment
- to advise you if an appointment has been changed
- to let you know when certain paperwork is ready to collect
- when we need to speak to you for any reason.
- to let you know if you are due an annual review
- to let you know if you are eligible for any health checks
The texts we send are very brief and give no personal details that you might not want to be seen by others.
The NHS App
Try the new NHS App. If you’re a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. You can use the NHS App to:
- Check your symptoms and get instant advice
- Book appointments at your GP surgery
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View your GP medical record
- Record your donor choice
- Choose how the NHS uses your data
If you already use our website or the SystemOne App you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well if you choose. For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp