Care Navigation & the Right Place for your Treatment
Benefits to Patients
- If patients meet the access criteria for alternative services, they can choose to go straight to the service which best meets their health and social care needs.
- Seeing a physiotherapist or pharmacist or a non-clinical service e.g Social prescribing rather than seeing a GP first improves the patient experience.
This means one visit not two
Benefits to General Practice
- Greater access for patients that need a GP appointment, as other patients are signposted to more appropriate services.
- Improved patient outcomes
- Improved patient experience
- Improved job satisfaction
Advice to Help You Find The Right Treatment
If you’re not sure what to do – contact NHS 111
Available 24-hours a day, seven days a week, this service provides advice on what to do if you’re feeling ill and you’re not sure what to do, as well as giving you details of local services from late night pharmacists to emergency dentists.
Expert advice from your local pharmacy
Pharmacists are highly trained professionals and are an integral part of the NHS, providing support to patients who wish to care for themselves. They can answer patients’ questions about choosing and using the right medicine, provide easy to understand advice on treating everyday ailments, and help patients to decide if they need to see a doctor. Advice from pharmacists is free and you don’t need an appointment to see them.
- Lloyds (Rothwell) Tel : 01536 713232
- Co-op (Rothwell) Tel : 01536 712392
- Howitts (Desborough) Tel : 01536 761115
- Well Pharmacy (Desborough) Tel : 01536 760232
Corby Urgent Care Centre
The Corby Urgent Care Centre is on the Willowbrook Health Complex, Cottingham Road, Corby.
Advice on care when your doctor’s surgery is closed
Serious injuries and emergencies
- Kettering General Hospital
- Northampton General Hospital
Call 999 for an ambulance for emergencies such as loss of consciousness, severe chest pain, serious breathing difficulties, serious accidents or severe loss of blood.
Emergency dental treatment